Re: [RC] Declining 100s - Truman Prevatt

Would you please provide the original post in your reference. I sure don't remember saying those words.

Truman

k s swigart wrote:
Truman said:

Bottom line you do a 100 because you want to
If crossing the finish line after 100 miles knowing
that you and your horse have done your best isn't
enough incentive for someone - then no amount
of prizes is going to get them past the bouts of
dehydration, the raw ozzing hide on their legs, the
barfing five miles into the last check, etc. It's a matter
of pride in personal accomishment - not prizes.

And yet, this whole discussion got started because one of the things
that Truman said was we have to provide enough prizes for career LD
riders to keep them coming back.

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.