From: tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: nvrider@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC]   Angie's 100 Mile comments & New Junior 100 Mile
Award
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 20:32:33 -0400

Question about logistics and definitions here - yep the Devil is in
the
details. By the time that many jr.. get to a 100 they are already
approved to ride as a senior. So if a jr. is riding with a senior
without a sponsor - are they eligible or not for this award?

My vote would be this should be an award and anyone under the
official
AERC senior age should be eligible - independent of if they are
riding
as a jr. or senior.

Truman

DreamWeaver wrote:

We already have at least one junior rider who is planning on
getting
this award!  I hope that we can get the word out (ideas
appreciated)
so that we can maybe encourage more participation in the one day
100
mile rides.  When the juniors ride, they need to take a sponsor
along
with them :-).

In case anybody would like to see what has happened with the 100
mile
distance and junior riders:

http://aerc.org/Education_Max_Junior.asp

--

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves,

and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.

Becky and the gang

you teach a horse all the "tools" and "cues" he needs
to handle the trail, to hold a speed, deal with hills, etc. It's also where
you develop the "bond" that causes him to "defer" to you before losing his
cool.
~ Jim Holland