Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] LD catagory....? - heidi

The whole point of this story is that when I entered LD's, I knew
exactly  what the rules were and didn't whine about the fact that my 5th
place in the 30  miler wasn't recognized. We all went home knowing
exactly where we placed and  were happy and we didn't need our ego
stroked by being recognized at any awards  ceremony. I don't understand
why people can't enjoy themselves and get enough  satisfaction from
doing well and knowing it was a good training experience  for their
horse. I don't understand how people can pay the money to enter, say
how much they love it, then proceed to complain about the rules and want
to  change the rules. Maybe that's just me... if I don't like the rules
of a game, I  just don't play that game.

Actually, Bonnie, I think it's you and a whole lot of other people.  Most
LD riders that I run into (who ride LDs for all sorts of different
reasons) seem to share your viewpoint.  LD is very popular for exactly
what it is.  And that's terrific!

Heidi

In my experience (22 year worth) most endurance riders are great people who
will go out their way to help and be friendly.
~  Laura Hayes