From: "Howard Bramhall" <howard9732@xxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2004 9:20 AM
Subject: RE: [RC] [RC] LD catagory....?

This is the point I've been trying to make for a couple of years now.  LD,
with a name change to get rid of that word "limited," should be treated as
sport because that is what it's become.

We don't have to include the sacred word "endurance" as part of it if it
offends the majority, but, let's recognize it for what it's become.
Riders,
with their horses, do compete in this distance.

Quit treating them like children here.  It's offensive!  It's a sport, by
itself, and if AERC doesn't start recognizing it as such there will come a
day when they organize and start rides all on their own, without any
sanctioning.  Recognize it as a competitive sport.  Give them points;
doesn't have to be endurance points, but, recognize their placings and
their
achievements.

If we don't, they will eventually go elsewhere.

cya,
Howard