[RC] Women who ride stallions - Amber B Fort

This is for women who ride stallions or handle them alot, who have gone thru a pregnacy (their own).

I have noticed that since I have become pregnant, that both of my intact boys are behaving much calmer and carefull around me.  My older stallion, Black Streak(now 8 years) is a high energy come out of the stall telling the world how great he is, now behaves like a 20 year old gelding.  Rarely, announcing his prescence and when he does, restrains himself to one stallion whinney and calmly walks/leads to his paddock.

My younger stallion, Kaysa Jerry (now 7 years) is my main riding horse, tho much more layed back, once on the trail, raring to go.  He is now content to walk, restrains his once in the while spooks to a minium.  Jerry has always been protective of me and thinks my place is on HIS back and no others.  Now seams even more protective.

I have had both of these stallions for 4 and 5 years, nothing has changed other than their growing a little older and I am now pregnant (about 11 weeks).  I noticed a significant change in their behaviors when I was about 2-3 weeks and at the time was wondering WHAT was going on with them, as I didn't know I was pregnant until a week or so later.

I am just curious if any other women who have gone thru a pregnacy noticed any changes in the behavior of their stallions towards them in the above mention fashion.

Amber & David
"Performance with out parameters"

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar ? get it now! ============================================================ In my experience (22 year worth) most endurance riders are great people who will go out their way to help and be friendly. ~ Laura Hayes ridecamp.net information: http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/ ============================================================