Re: [RC] LD/Endurance - Truman Prevatt

Sometimes it's plain old logistics. In the rides I have run I have liked to start out the LD's on a different first loop to minimize potential on trail conflicts. Sometimes you need to start the 100's very early. All these things are difficult to do in an elevator ride.

Twice when I sanctioned as an elevator, no-one elevated. It gets back to the point of organizing the ride to suite a very small minority of the riders that may or may not chose to elevate.  I think elevator rides are one of those things that sound like a good idea on paper but as with everything the devil is in the details.

Truman

Karla Watson wrote:
What happened to more elevator rides?? I'm sure there are a lot of people who would do the 50s if they could finish the 25 and then elevator up and do another 25 that day. That sure would be a great way to get more people who are "thinking" about doing a 50 to actually try it. And it would help more 50s elevator up and do the 75s and 100s.

Karla Watson

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.