Re: [RC] Trailer Question - DarkHorseGoddess

In a message dated 5/12/2004 9:16:32 AM Central Daylight Time, wendyh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
here’s my question – does having a cowboy shower in the back ruin the flooring?

You may want to do what my friend did with her wooden floor trailer. Her hubby set up a cowboy shower in the front stall of her trailer, against one of the front corners.

He drilled a hole in the mat and into the floor (be careful of what is under the trailer floor, wires, etc..).

Then he bought her a sort of plastic bottom part, similar to the bottom of a standing shower, I think it's a 3x3 square.  He drilled a hole into that.

Onto the ceiling of the trailer, he installed a square shower curtain metal runner, and a shower curtain. When she is not using the shower, she removes the shower or slides it off to a side.

When she's going camping, she takes the plastic shower bottom with her, in the tack area, and when she is ready to shower, she places the shower bottom in the trailer corner, and insert a funnel sort of drain into the shower bottom and into the hole in the trailer. She pulls the shower curtain around the whole thing and showers. The water runs out of the funnel/hole onto the ground under the trailer and the trailer floor does not get wet.

I hope my description made sense.  Raven