[RC] Training Horses Not To Pee in Trailer (was trailer question) - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Skyla slstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree with Dawn, it would be nice if "my" horse didn't think it
is his civic duty to pee in the trailer too. I have had him hold
it for up to 8 hours (yes 8), just so he could go in the trailer.
He does pee on trail, if he needs too. I have waited for an hour
after riding, letting him roll, eat, stand in various areas,
just to have him "let er go" seconds after getting in the
trailer. Now, he doesn't seem to do that with other people's
trailers...go figure. Not that peeing in the trailer is a big
no-no, but there is a point at which, enough is enough.

Thinking about attaching a hose to him. ;o)

We are talking about all the tools we can use to keep our horses safe and
alive at the rides. Training/conditioning is one of the best tools
available. It makes us better horseman and women, it benefits our horses
and could quite possibly be the key to preventing most crashes.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm