Re: [RC] Trailer Question - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Tess Searcy morabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have had the "cowboy" shower for several years.  In my first trailer(it was a
slant load gooseneck) I moved the triangle shaped first mat in the front stall.
The trailer had a wood floor with spaces in between for drying also it was
undercoated & painted.  I hung my shower from the tie ring & showered over the
bare floor.  The water ran through the boards & dryed before I left, I just
moved the mat back in place & loaded the horse.

Now I have a 3 horse slant gooseneck aluminum trailer, we moved the shower to
the back & my husband made a holder for the shower that fits over the molding
above the window channel.  I shower there & the water runs out of the back door.

For the peeing geldings, mine all pee in the trailer.  I use a product called
Woody Pet.  It is a bedding somewhat like kitty litter for horses.  It has a
deodorizer & it is VERY absorbent.  I put it only where the geldings will be
peeing.  It soaks up the urine & keeps it from traveling to other areas.  It
also keeps it from smelling, once I take out the manure.  You can spread the
dry back into the wet to soak up & deodorize even more.  I sweep it to the back
side wall while camping so I have a clean ailse to walk from the living quarter
to my shower.  I have no smells in my living area, & I don't have urine under
my mats.  There are simular products but the Woody Pet is the best in my
opinion.  I use it in my stalls too.

year worth) most endurance riders are great people who
will go out their way to help and be friendly.
~  Laura Hayes