Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] That Time of Year.....again! - Truman Prevatt

You need to come over to the sand hills. I've got 100 feet elevation difference on my place. I can look out of my kitchen window and sett the top of my barn roof.

Truman

Howard Bramhall wrote:
They do work quite well.  I have a very high antenna that must be at least 30 feet high, from the ground up. You can climb it. The previous owner who built our house was into CB big time; I think he talked with Australia from here.  Anyway, that thing, which sits right outside my computer room gets hit all the time by lightning.  I can see it "radiate" from the window when this happens.  Talk about one heart stopping experience.

It's funny listening to Truman talk about low spots since, in Florida, everyplace is in a low spot.  There's nothing higher except for trees and manmade contraptions.  My CB antenna is my lightning rod and it gets hit more often than Truman's old barn.

Down here lightning can hit you anywhere, even inside your house.  We can't really build basements here, which kind of sucks, because, if we could, I'd have one for sure.  When it comes to the rath of these storms there's no place that gets hit more often than Central Florida.  And, the sad thing is, there's no basement to hide out in.  We're all fair game, including the horses.  Since my barn's never been hit, that's where they stay when these life taking storms are a brewing.

cya,
Howard (those mountains are a calling me)

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.