From: "Libby & Quentin Llop DVM" <qhll@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Truman Prevatt" <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Howard Bramhall" <howard9732@xxxxxxx>
CC: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [RC] [RC] That Time of Year.....again!
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 15:16:50 -0400

What about lightning rods? I've seen my neighbors barn that has rods get
struck quite a few times, no harm done. The highest point around our house
and barns is a pine tree with an old CB antennae ground. So far it has drawn
all the strikes. Years ago I lost 7 sheep when an old maple tree the flock
was huddled under was struck. The lightning jumped to the woven wire fence
and burned lush grass to the ground for a hundred yards. I've often wondered
if I should put a lightning rod on the tree in the pastures that the horses
want to shelter under. Libby