[RC] Brazil: Travel to Joinville - John Teeter

Forwarded from Cidinha Franzão of EnduranceBrazil.

======================
Olá  John,

After hours, there comes a time to break the routine for a derserved rest. My
trip to Joinville began in the Tietê Bus Station, in São Paulo at 10 pm,
yesterday. I arrived in Joinville, after 535 km and 7 hours of trip.

The Saint ?and beautiful? Catarina is a world reference in dance. The city of
Joinville has been the home of the School of Bolshoi Theater since March 2000,
a branch of the Bolshoi Theater of Moscow. For the first time, after two
centuries of existence, The Bolshoi theater has adapted its complete teaching
methodology and applying it in another country under the supervision of the
masters from Rússia.

The rural area around the city is excellent for those who are looking for a
refuge to rest in the middle of their workday. Driving along the road through
the green woods and by crystal-water streams and animal-filled pastures with
mountais in the background is an unforegettable experience.

These are the trail of Brazilian rides in the third edition of Iternational
Equestrian Race of Santa Catarina.

An extra tropical cyclone scared the participants of the race, but they are
here, ready to ride their horses in the beautiful tracks of Joinville. The FEI
** 120 km will be start at 6 am, after a week of rain that finish today.

Until now, we don't have the final list of the competitors but the riders of
São Paulo are here: Léo Steinbruch (that won the 2nd edition last year),
Gabriela Cesarino, André Vidiz, Karina Arroyo, Ana Carla Maciel, Mariana
Cesarino Steinbruch and ohters.

um abraço

Cidinha Franzão
<mailto:cidinha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>cidinha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(55 11) 3081 4146

I don't think you have to join a gym or buy frilly outfits to get some
fitness.  A decent set of shoes and a 15 minute dismount here and there
will help.
~  Jon K. Linderman, Ph.D., FACSM, Assistant Professor of Health and Sport
Science, University of Dayton