[RC] this post has NOTHING to do with LD ;) --feed changes at rides - Benedikte Whitman

On the same topic - difference in feeding at rides - what about grazing?
My horses are dry lotted and fed hay at home.  I know that you need to
transfer horses to pasture slowly to accustom them to the change and
prevent complications like laminitis.

Then, I go to a ride and let my horse graze along the trail for 6 - 8
hours and I wonder if the exercise he is getting helps to prevent problems
or if I should not be allowing that?  Also, what if I set up a corral at a
ride where it is all grassy and he grazes there all night - could that be
a problem?
Benedikte

REAL endurance is eating egg salad sandwiches for 3 days straight!
~ Heidi Sowards