Re: [RC] this post has NOTHING to do with LD ;) --feed changes at rides - heidi

Then, I go to a ride and let my horse graze along the trail for 6 - 8
hours and I wonder if the exercise he is getting helps to prevent
problems or if I should not be allowing that?  Also, what if I set up a
corral at a ride where it is all grassy and he grazes there all night -
could that be a problem?

Unlikely that he could get enough grass in the bites he can grab along the
trail or in a small pen at a ride to be a problem....

Heidi

I still prefer what it is that BH100, Tevis, The Duck's Soup of Endurance,
etc. has to offer...but, to see a horse canter over sand for those
distances...Good Lord, it humbles me.
~  Frank Solano