From: "Laurie Durgin" <ladurgin@xxxxxxx>
To: heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kstandefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:50:50 -0400
Subject: Re: [RC] Hoo Supplements

  I''ll have to check into this one. Rascal had Marquis 1.4 times the dose
for 28 days. He did have a toe abcess at the end of treatment. I had pulled
his  shoes.  I put them back on when it healed. He hasn't had any notable
change in his feet since then. It has been 11 months.   I am going to check
with the  epm group, one of which is a farrier. There does seem to be a lot
of abcesses among the group when under treatment or right after, more than I
have ever heard of in a normal 'barn situation'.  I considered that
'unusual'.  He has always had really tough feet, never even a hairline crack
or chip.  So maybe the answer is elsewhere or an individual horse
sensitivity.