Re: [RC] Cheating Statement-Apology - Truman Prevatt

Jen,

No need to apologize. No need to be concerned because Angie read you the riot act. Don't pay any attention to Angie, we don't ;-). I've heard many a comment, "that SOB could not have run that trail that fast" come to find out he did run it that fast. It's must be a Southern thing. We yell, scream and beat up on our own - but don't let anyone else even whisper anything negative about our own.

Be assured that if anyone cuts trail in the SE they will be caught. Nancy eventually nails them. Also be assured that we are the friendliest bunch in the AERC. However, you better watch out of folks bearing moonshine - they are probably trying to gain a competitive advantage the next morning.

You have to know what you are dealing with, but in the SE what you are dealing with is the friendliest bunch of people on the face of the earth.

Welcome aboard.

Truman

Ridecamp Guest wrote:
Please Reply to: Jenny Edgell jedgell@xxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

After Angie let me have it, I realized my statement about hearing accusations of cheating at rides did not exactly come out right.  I guess I should rephrase that to I hear accusations more than I would like.  Of course in my fantasy world, everyone would get along and ride happily down the trail enjoying our horses and taking care of them.  But everyone comes to these rides for a different reason.  My main point was that in the heat of battle, there are riders out there who make comments...and don't know the effect they have on someone else's endurance experience.  To be able to ride my horse is the best thing in the world to me, but I work hard to be able to do it.  Please don't rain on other rider's parades.  And to the Southeast, you are the friendliest group of riders I've ever been around, so don't be mad at me :)  I love you all.  Jen

People in Alabama swear by manure tea as an herbal remedy for colds.
~ Lisa Redmond

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.