Re: [RC] rc Cheaters - Truman Prevatt

Isn't this a ride management issue?  The rules are fairly explicit that each rider shall execute the trail in the correct order of loops in the correct direction in order to be eligible for placement. Isn't it the ride manager's responsibility to ensure the this rule is upheld?

This is where a good timer is critical. More than once in the SE the timer has detected just by correlating the times of riders potential trail problems. I would rely more on the analysis of the times and order of riders coming into checks than reports from riders to detect potential trail problems. In more than one ride I ran with this information, I have confronted (as the ride manager) the potentially offending rider about how they rode the trail, inconsistency in the split times, etc. In one case (with the approval of the other riders in the ride) one rider was allowed to make up a lost two mile stretch of trail on the way back to camp (she missed it on the way out) and remained eligible for placement. But you can be darn sure a spotter was at the spot this rider had to turn to make up the missed distance.

In two other cases riders were sent back to make up the missed trail or be disqualified. It gets right down to an open and fair competition and it is the responsibility of the RM to do the utmost in their power to ensure this.

Truman

Ridecamp Guest wrote:

Julie, you could not have put that in better words. The problem is some people are just not Logical. "LOL" A lot of people would rather just sit back and judge someone or something without getting the facts to start with.
\Carol

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.