Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 6:59 PM
Subject: [RC] insulating/anything better than air mattress?

I had some 1/2" thick carpet pad leftover and laid that down in the gooseneck for insulation.  Even that helped.  (it also helps keep things from sliding around so much up there in transit  :-)  But I also use a cheap camping foam pad on top of the air mattress because the mattress by itself is too cold for me.

By the way I hate the air mattress, it is too narrow to be real comfortable, but also too long for the gooseneck, a few inches hangs out over the edge.  Every time I get out to pee (often!) it scoots out further.  Plus the darn thing has pinhole leaks and is only semi-inflated by morning.  Is there anywhere that sells gooseneck-shaped real mattresses?  Or should I just get a sheet of thick foam and cut it to fit?

Karen Bratcher aka Ready
karenbrat1 "at" earthlink "dot" net
If you reply privately earthlink sends an automatic message that you are not in my address book -- ignore it, I will see the email, it's just put in a special folder.