[RC] Regarding Cheating - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Tess Searcy morabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I do both Comp. & Endurance & occassionally I have left the trail to "let the
water out"  I go & my horse goes too.  Anyway I have been passed while off of
the trail.  I always come back on the trail where I left it & once in a while I
am asked "weren't you in front of me?"  I just smile & say "yes, I was till I
had to pee."  Let's you know who is watching & of course that others ARE
watching.  I really do believe that most riders really do want to help make
sure that another rider doesn't inadvertantly miss trail, it is not to accuse
someone of cheating, it is to help.  As a whole I believe there is very little
cheating, most riders would rather win (however that rider terms their win, be
it finishing, or top tenning)by doing it all even if that means finding where
they missed the loop & going back.  I want to be able to say my horse & I did
such & such ride, trail, whatever, & know in my heart that it is true.  To me
integrety is everything. I couldn't live with myself otherwise.  As has been
said already on this post, the cheater has to look that person in the face
every morning.  Most can't do it for long.

your water freezing IN the cantle bags!
~ Heidi Sowards