[RC] questions! - betndez

And, it depends upon what kind of air mattress you're talking about.  I too thought I'd freeze to death trying to sleep on a big thick bed type air mattress in my LQ with the heat going.  However, I slept on my Thermorest backpacking mattress on who knows how many feet of snow at 16,000 ft. in the Andes and was quite comfortable.  In a tent, no heat of any kind except hot water in my water bottle at my feet.
Betty Edgar

> Interesting.  I have slept on an air mattress in 28 - 30 degree weather
> and I have NEVER been so cold in my entire life!  Even my sleeping bag,
> which was rated for 0 degrees didn't help.  I had piled every horse
> blanket I owned on top, but that freezing air coming from below (the air
> mattress) just couldn't be stopped.  I will never use an air mattress on
> a cold night again.

It's all relative.  The air mattress SEEMS pretty cold, because it is
colder than you are, but compared to permafrost at -40, it's relatively
warm...

Heidi