[RC] Low Rent District - Julie Fuller

We are in process of getting a tent for the family. peter can't
stand the idea of sleeping in the trailer (you know a horse just pooped in
there) and I don't think the three of us would fit in the back of my truck
either.

*smile* This brings back memories!!!! The first ride I ever went to was a local ride.... and my best friend and I decided to go. Well, our kids were all small then, so they went too, as did my husband. We set up a tent for our two kids and Lori's son, a tent for Lori, and Michael and I slept in the truck, which had a canopy. We had one of the kid's twin mattresses in there to sleep on.... which was interesting, as my husband was 6'8".

Saturday after the ride, a huge thunderstorm rolled in. It poured! We discovered afterward the kids hadn't zipped up their tent, and their bedding was soaked. So, we put the kids in Lori's tent that night, and us three adults slept on the twin mattress in the pickup. Gods! What a night! About half the horses in camp had been deserted by buddies, so were screaming, it rained several more times (quite loudly) and the three of us were crammed into that stupid little bed trying to sleep. We were either tough or stupid...... home was only twenty miles away! *grin*

Julie

are, and if I find myself starting to concern myself over this, I remind

~ ridecamp.net information: http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/