[RC] cheating - larry Miller

In over 30 + years of riding both comp and endurance, I have run across few cheaters.  If part of a trail is missed, it usually is an honest mistake.  I remember beating two folks in and coming in first.  I thought I had missed a loop.  Instead the other two riders took a wrong turn and added miles.  Took the vets and ride management about an hour to convince me that I had done everything correctly. Another thing that I have observed, if you see someone doing something that is frowned on, tell that person about it in a nice way.  Most folks just aren't aware of all the rules and I figure it is my job to tell that person but in a nice way.  There is always TWO sides to every story and both sides should be listened to.  I also have noticed that that person who is a little sneaky about doing things, usually doesn't last long.  And the person who doesn't 'get it' about taking care of the horse on trail starts to get lectures from everyone else.  At least in my neck of the woods we all speak up.  Of course, I figure it is my privilege to speak my mind since I am over 60 now.  Don't start Jinn or Maggie, don't start.  LOL Jeanie