[RC] Keeping food cold and safe to eat - sherman

When our power goes out at home, sometimes for days at a time, I now buy dry ice for my fridge. It lasts for a couple of days. I have seen people use this in their coolers when camping. It can freeze some things you don't want frozen, but maybe you could keep  some water bottles between the dry ice & your food. I haven't tried it myself for coolers and I also had lots of ice water on the 2nd day, but fortunately no perishables.
Kathy