Re: [RC] "stress rings" on horse feet - Chris Paus

Yup. I noticed that this year too! Never noticed it in
my herd before, but when we changed from fall to
really cold, hard winter and then to spring, I started
noticing some "rings" on my horses' hooves. The
farrier said not to worry.. the hooves were just
fine...

chris
--- "A. Perez" <walkergirl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
After having a farrier ask if my horse had been ill
in the past
year because he had 'fever rings', I looked at the
feet of these
horses at the farm where I field board.  Most of
them had these
rings.  I think horses that relay on pasture for
food experience
more fluctations in nutrition due to weather
fluctuation, and
may have rings as a result, even if they keep their
weight well
and are not 'mal nurished'.  IMHO, I don't think
such rings
always necessarily result from 'trauma'... either
that or 15+
horses at this farm all experienced the same trauma,
'cause they
all have these rings, and no, we haven;t had any
epidemics.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

The whole ride experience can be very hard, and at
times you question why
you put yourself through such abuse. But then you
remember all those
moments when you pop up over a hill and are suddenly
surrounded by the most
stunning views.  It's just you and your horse and
for a moment time stops
and you can hear the angels sing.  Therein lies the
addiction, at least for
me.
~  Leslie Beyers

ridecamp.net information:
http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
It is how we "feel" deep inside that matters, cause each of us knows the
truth, regardless of how we try make it complicated.  It just isn't.
~ Frank Solano