[RC] "stress rings" on horse feet - A. Perez

After having a farrier ask if my horse had been ill in the past
year because he had 'fever rings', I looked at the feet of these
horses at the farm where I field board.  Most of them had these
rings.  I think horses that relay on pasture for food experience
more fluctations in nutrition due to weather fluctuation, and
may have rings as a result, even if they keep their weight well
and are not 'mal nurished'.  IMHO, I don't think such rings
always necessarily result from 'trauma'... either that or 15+
horses at this farm all experienced the same trauma, 'cause they
all have these rings, and no, we haven;t had any epidemics.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag
The whole ride experience can be very hard, and at times you question why
you put yourself through such abuse. But then you remember all those
moments when you pop up over a hill and are suddenly surrounded by the most
stunning views.  It's just you and your horse and for a moment time stops
and you can hear the angels sing.  Therein lies the addiction, at least for
me.
~  Leslie Beyers