Re: [RC] The start of a LD - Dixie

Hi, I just had my first LD and it wasn't paced out.  We actually started out about 10 minutes later than the beginners..it's just a good thing for a warm-up to walk the horses out a ways before letting them go.  But if you do some warm-up prior to start you can do whatever you are comfy with.  And for coming in, you will likely find most riders will dismount, loosen tack and walk their horses in for a cool down...it helps with p and r.  I too am in the SE riding Kentucky, Indiana, and Tennesse this season..Good Luck.....Dixie