[RC] THANKS for all the replies to my conditioning question - Kristi Schaaf

This is why I so love ridecamp. Many people emailed me
(both to ridecamp and privately) and almost every one
gave me insight. I think the problem/solution may be
right in front of my nose, but I didn't see it until
several people brought it to my attention. It's most
likely that two things on my part have created, or at
least haven't solved, this problem. One, I've been so
focused on keeping a 51/49 partnership (this guy is my
best buddy), that my horse has manipulated my
willingness to give him a lot of input into trying to
make all the decisions that I'll let him make. And
two, my lameness worries (from a past issue that is
resolved) have caused me to let him make decisions
that he shouldn't, because I worry that he's telling
me SOMETHING IS WRONG. He's the type of horse that is
smart enough to get away with what he can, BUT will
behave exceptionally if it's expected of him (basic
Parelli taught me that). My mistake is that I haven't
carried that over into our riding relationship. So, I
think some 'tough love' is in order. A crop just held
in my hand may even be enough to do the trick. We'll
find out this weekend!!! Kristi