Re: [RC] Beet Pulp/lamnitic Scare - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 4/20/2004 6:35:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time, MARYYG writes:

within the total population of "equids" within this country the percentage of
Cushinoids/IR horses is minute. Within the endurance discipline, as a whole,
the percentage drop is
considerable.

If you only count horses being RIDDEN in endurance, yes, there aren't a whole
lot of Cushinoid/liminitic horses out there competing.  <TIC>  But what do you
think we do with our retired horses - sell them for dog food?  Speaking for
myself and a lot of other people I know, these older horses remain cherished
family members for the rest of their lives.  It's these older horses who could
most benefit from Susan's information.  And speaking for myself, I am darn
appreciative of Susan's willingness to freely share her knowledge and any new
info she comes across.  If I had a Cushinoid/IR/laminitic horse (thankfully our
29 yr old is in good health - and enjoying his beet pulp very much), you can
bet I would be grateful for the "heads up" alert that there might be some beet
pulps out there with higher sugar contents...and I just might take the extra
few minutes to rinse out any extra sugars as Susan mentioned.

So please, spare us the theatrics and the insult to our intelligence...we're
not a bunch of idiots who are going to run out to the barn and throw out all
our beet pulp.  We are perfectly capable of taking Susan's post for what it was
- providing some up-to-date information that she came across, which horses it
might affect, and how to reduce or eliminate the potential for problems should
we have one of those horses.

Dawn in East Texas (member of the Susan G. fan club)
+i¸??Ì­æëy×è¯'?®Êk?f«?\?±¬®+±æ§vØh±êÞªè«zg§¶Æ«zȦ?V«¶?!jÜv?hu¬°?Ø^?Û«jw®'b?è?êÒi÷«Â'ß?êâuç??Þ¶)ߢ¹?¶*'?Ûiÿü0Áéݺ¶§qéÞ·úâuç??