Re: [RC] [RC] Pasture with lots of alfalfa in it - Chris Paus

And there is  lots of information about its link to genetic mutations, stillbirths, and other repro issues. I wouldn't put breeding stock out on sprayed pasture.

chris

Karen Clanin <kclanin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
please keep in mind that 2,4-D causes lympho cancer in dogs, if you spray
pasture with it keep the animals out of there for 3 weeks and i wouldn't
let them back on it unless i had either watered very thoroughly or had a
good rain to wash things off.

lots of info on the 'net about it.

At 07:57 AM 4/20/04, Ed & Wendy Hauser wrote:
>2,4-D and other broad leaf herbicides should work great on alfalfa. I'm
>sure that it is not listed on label because most potential users are trying
>to encourage alfalfa.
>
>Ed
>Ed & Wendy Hauser
>2994 Mittower Road
>Victor, MT 59875
>
>ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx
>406.642.6490

>I still prefer what it is that BH100, Tevis, The Duck's Soup of Endurance,
>etc. has to offer...but, to see a horse canter over sand for those
>distances...Good Lord, it humbles me.
>~ Frank Solano
>
>ridecamp.net information: http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/

There is no better way to see the world than from the back of a horse.
~ Teddy Roosevelt

"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus