[RC] Ponce de leon, and THANKS! - Randi Lavikoff

Ponce was great management, great food, great volunteers and vetting, great campsite, great awards! One lost horse, finally found, much to everyone's relief, after lots of prayers all day.
I personally had a great ride, and enjoyed good company all day, doing my newer horse's second 50( really a 55).
I need to thank all the people who came to help when my little "Streaker" had a major temper tantrum after being loaded, and tried to climb out, bang out, of my trailer. Apparently he bonds too much, and did NOT want to leave. One of the "Carolina boys", the big guy, ran to help get Streak's hay manger unhooked after he climbed in with both feet, then stepped out. Luckily he calmed down when he backed one out. I don't know all the names of people who helped , but MANY thanks.
I thought it was under control then, until he started bashing the front of his stall, and I had to make a quick exit. En route home, we got a flat tire, and spent about 1 1/2 hours on the side of the road, but got home safely. Again, thanks to the many other riders to stop to see if they could help. We made it home safe, and Streak has only a couple superficial cuts from all that thrashing around. Of course I'll be leery of the next trailer experience, but no more hay manger. any ideas are welcome there. Thanks again for a great ride, and helpful endurance people!, Randi lavikoff in Brooksville, Fl. and Streak O'Luck.