Re: [RC] [RC] Delusional riding - B. L. Kossowan

Yup: Galloping to school and back. Horse drawings on everything. Leader of
the playground mustang herd until an incident in Grade 2, when called into
the office for knocking the little redheaded boy down at recess (I hear he
lived, but never saw much of him after that). But the part that used to
annoy my parents the very, very most was the constant drumming of tiny
hooves on the bedroom wall every night, when the whole family was still
sharing a single room in the top floor of our very tiny farmhouse. I think
that's why I got three little brothers. The babies stopped coming after we
got our own rooms. hhhhhnnnyyyyhhhhnn!

bkbkbk

The very essence of our sport is doing the trail as quickly as practicable,
while keeping one's horse fit to continue.  Taking the clock out of the
equation makes it another sport altogether.  The challenge is how to keep
the sport what it is while honing our skills (both as riders and as those
in control roles) in detecting where "the edge" is for each horse so that
we don't cross it.
~  Heidi Smith