Re: [RC] Forced to go without shoes - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Vicky Smith twhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
There is a product called Hoof Armor that is applied to the bottom of the hoof
wall and helps keep it from breaking down. I tried it on my 4 yr. old while we
were in Az this winter as I didn't want to shoe him as he was only going out 2x
weekly. I used this and EZ boots. It worked really well for me.
Our other two hard working guys wore Ground Control poly shoes which held up
very well in that abrasive terrain. I'm a AFA certified farrier with 21 years
of experience. But I'm constantly researching more natural, hoof friendly
options than plain steel shoes.
 Good luck with your horse's feet.
   Vicky Smith

win at this sport. You take a horse and race him for a
short time and then find a new horse or you can take one horse , do the
homework and spend many miles and years enjoying that horse.
~  Paddi Sprecher