Re: [RC] Moose now elk - MtnRondi

In a message dated 4/15/2004 8:11:33 AM Pacific Standard Time, Marv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I have a neighbor whose horse was attacked and pretty badly gored by an elk a few years back

I don't live where there are elk, but there are deer. Quite a few years ago I was riding on a little narrow trail on the side of a slope and came around the corner and there was a beautiful buck and doe standing side by side on the high side of the slope. I stopped to admire them and the buck (an older one with a fairly good sized rack of antlers) stared back, then sort of snorted/trumpeted through his nose (like an excited Arab) and the doe took off. He lowered his head and started shaking his antlers at me and I have no doubt that he would have charged if I hadn't hightailed it out of there. So much for sweet Bambi.

Bonnie
So. Calif.