Re: [RC] gas & diesel prices again - heidi

I just filled up with diesel and it was 1.65. Regular gas is a few
pennies more.

Truman

hope lundquist wrote:

4-15-04 Here in Siskiyou County, Yreka prices are 2.21/2.31/2.41 and
diesel is 2.25 a gal. Sucks!
Hope Lundquist in Calif.

Living in a remote location, we pay a premium for fuel because it has to
be hauled here in relatively small quantities.  But we are still only at
$1.89 for diesel and $1.92 for unleaded.  It's creeping up, but before
this last hike, I was already paying well over $1.80 for diesel, so it
isn't a huge adjustment.  (I think my next-to-last local fillup in my fuel
log was either $1.83 or $1.84, and it had been at that for awhile...  When
I travel, I do try to fill up at the last possible lower-priced station
before I come back home, which gives me a couple of weeks of driving
around here before I have to full 'er up again...)

The people who bought the property just up from me are from CA and were
just here to oversee the start of their new house--they said that the fuel
taxes are going up in CA as well.  So those of you in CA may need to
rattle cages in your own state legislature...

Heidi

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse`s ears.
~  Arabian Proverb