Re: [RC] response to Heidi - heidi

I use my spammer email because I don't want my personal email to be
flamed by people like you. enough said on that.  Keep it public, maybe
you will be civilized.

Well, I replied to you publicly as well, but ridecamp has also had quite a
"binge" of fake e-mails, so when your server told me that yours didn't
exist, it does make me a tad suspicious.

I've relayed to you what biologists have relayed to me.  So there is
binge killing of elk; are you saying God made a mistake when he made the
wolf, that perhaps he didn't know what he was doing.  Perhaps HE thinks
if 19 elks get slaughtered at once then the NATURAL order says the
population needs to be reduced.  Think of the whole picture, Heidi, not
just the world of the cattleman...

Kimberly, PEOPLE tried to play God here, and put wolves where wolves don't
belong.  I would submit that I AM the one looking at the whole picture
here--and I sincerely wish you would do the same.

I don't believe in my post anywhere that I said animals are incapable of
having fun.  Your statement is an example of how people perceive things
differently, geared toward their own arguement most likely.  I thought I
wrote about predator drive.  I'm sure they take pleasure in it too, do
you take pleasure in eating a good steak?   We allow them to capture so
many animals by putting them in enclosed pastures all together where
they cannot disperse.  Who said they didn't have fun while they were
doing it and so what?

What you stated was that in the "natural" order of things, the prey can
get away, so that the wolves will stop at just killing one or two.  I
invite you to come see with your own eyes that this is not true.  I also
invite you to come talk to some of the biologists who now admit that they
were asked to cover up the true nature of what was happening to further
political agendas.  Some of us LIVE out here in the "real world"--and we
sure wish those of you who don't would come out and see what it is really
like before you try to tell us all about it.

The wolves are being REINTRODUCED to areas they were wiped out of by man
and poisons.  All because other predators have moved in doesn't mean
they don't belong in these original places.  There are very few wild
places left in the lower 48 that can sustain wolves but hey, feedlots
can support cattle!

The above statement tells me two things--1) you know nothing about the
natural history of this area, and 2)  you know nothing about cattle.

I also know plenty of hunters who go after elk every year, they pay big
bucks to hunt the big bucks and the big racks so bullsh*t otherwise.  I
also have family that go after vension for eating, these are the 1-2
year olds, button bucks are the most tender.  Are you telling me your
people don't get off on big racks and would go after a big bull because
of the meat?  Then they don't know what they are missing!  Oh, most of
the big racks become hamburger mixed with a fatty meat cause it is to
tough and strong to eat otherwise.

As one who grew up on wild game, I can tell you from personal experience
that the LAST thing a good meat hunter goes after is the big buck or the
big bull.  Those are sought after by the sports hunters.  Those of us who
HAVE had to live on wild meat want to eat something besides spiced sausage
and jerky--which is about what the big bulls in the rut are good for.
(Yeah, there are a lot of pounds there--but not really any more than a
good tasty dry cow or doe--those are what the meat hunters take.  And the
meat hunters are in the minority now.)

See paragraph one about Gods plans and the natural order of things
including overpopulation for a reply to the healthy slaughter of young
elk by wolves.  BTW, the order includes a natural increase of prey
animals nad predators as well as decrease of both, they are tied
together at the hip.  Perhaps open your mind and read about such things,
you will be surprised.

Again, the wolves are a matter of man's interference gone wrong.  So don't
go quoting God here--this ISN'T the "natural" order of things.

And PLE-ZZZE, cattle are hoofed locusts!  Next time you go out look at
the riparian habitat in the area, you know, the streams where cattle
stand in the water all day and shit in it, destroying the habitat for
the rest of the creatures.  We have a mountain here that is Open Space
but came with a price, the original dairy owner keeps his herd on it.
Forget wildflowers, there aren't any, and all water has to be wired off
or it will be destroyed by the cattle.

Ma'am, what you just described is a feedlot--not a cattle range.  Please
come see a cattle range--perhaps you might learn something yourself.  What
a concept!

Heidi

In my experience (22 year worth) most endurance riders are great people who
will go out their way to help and be friendly.
~  Laura Hayes