----- Original Message -----
From: "John and Rose Muffett" <rose_m_j@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

<Wolves are like most predators> And why would anyone with livestock or pets welcome any predator in their area? ........but ANY predator seen here is dealt with, and dealt with fast....

*I have pretty much stayed out of this; as I have never "ranched" to raise
livestock, I can offer no experience
with predator attacks.

However, I will say I feel it would be a truly pathetic world with only
livestock and domestic pets left.  Not one I would want to live in.  We are
seeing mass extinction of world species at an alarming rate....both to
global changes, loss of habitat and ignorant people, and reasons we don't
know yet.  .  There has to be some science behind decisions and more than a
pinch of common sense.

I also have no sympathy for people who WILLINGLY move into rural area; areas
with known predators, then cry when their pet kitty is eaten. I think
someone moving into Mt. Lion range had better keep a constant eye on small
children and keep pets inside.

This goes for people who think it is okay to move into a pristine area;
(like ones I know) have 50 cats, and 30 inbreeding pigs running amouk and
tearing up every bit of turf and native vegetation....when the Mt. Lion
kills one of those inbred; diseased pig, demand the county trapper come
shoot it.   I have no sympathy for the people.

I hate to say it Rose, sounds like you want to eliminate anything that does
not fit into your "ranch business."  Eliminate
ALL the predators....what is going to happen to the rodent population on
your place?.  Oh, just have the 50 feral cats to take care of that (and also
the cats will eridicate every native bird, lizard and snake in your area
too....)  Wait, but you say you love the land....I am confused....

Also. for your info.....the Nature Conservancy has BOUGHT up lot of land
with endangred and rare species....not near enough land in my book.

Karen

If you treat an Arab like a Thoroughbred, it will behave like a Quarter
horse. ~ Libby Llop

REAL endurance is reading the LD vs. Endurance thread/debate every 3
months!!!
~ Heidi Sowards