Re: [RC] Wolves not Wolfes/ get real guys - John and Rose Muffett

<Wolves are like most predators> And why would anyone with livestock or pets welcome any predator in their area? This is beyond me, try spending 5 months trying to save your horses life after a predator attack. One night a cougar attacked our horses and 2 were badly injured. Our family alone has killed 3 cougar on our private land during the last 3 month period. I am very disgusted with our fish and wildlife department. after the attack here I called them and told them of the problem and asked them to catch the thing. They laughed and sent us a damage permit. They would do the same if they turned the wolves loose here too. The 2nd cougar this year that was killed here - almost killed our nephew, he had no choice in this matter. He was bow hunting for elk - following the elk herd, and the cougar was right behind him, he's lucky to be alive. Guess the cougar was following the elk herd too. I have proof of my horses injury too, just go to the AHA site and look under horse stories Lovie's 9 Lives, I also have pictures of her healing process, and I hope no one on this list will ever have to go through what we did with this mare.

<We are a smart species. Surely we can figure that out. Wolves are fascinating> The cougar sure aren't fascinating to me, and the wolves wouldn't be either. We own a very large ranch here in Oregon, and we do love our land and would never do anything to hurt the land we love. We are under constant pressure of the endangered species act - one doesn't hear much about the spotted owl anymore, but the "coho salmon" topic I'm sure many of you have heard about this. What one doesn't think of is the fact that you can go to your grocery store and buy this endangered species (coho salmon) for dinner. Much of the state and public land in our area is closed to public use certain times of the year because of the fish and birds which are supposedly endangered. One endurance ride was canceled on our coast last year because of closure. They impose restrictions on us private land owners that are unconstitutional too! They pretty much do whatever they wish to do. If they meaning the endangered species groups and environmentalists want land, let them go out and earn money to pay for it! Imposing buffer zones on private land is a fact here that we must live with. But if ANY predator is seen here - it's dealt with! And dealt with fast.

Rose Muffett
Southern Oregon Coast

One would think that logic would prevail. But then, if logic did prevail,
men would ride sidesaddle. ~ Bob Morris