Re: [RC] Snakes and/or Bears - Vallonelee

In a message dated 4/12/04 1:52:03 PM US Mountain Standard Time, MtnRondi@xxxxxxx writes:
It might as well have been a bear... I never knew that horse could run that fast.
Too funny.  I ride in the desert and some areas have a lot of BIG rocks which cause no problems, unless the collywobbles strike.  One day we were trotting along and there were some BLM burros snoozing that we scared up. Laying down they were about the same size as a lot of the boulders around.  When that first "rock" jumped up my horse almost fell down. I don't know who was more startled, Bravo or the snoozing burro.   He has never passed a boulder again without keeping a wary eye on it.

Lee
".......and God sought to bestow upon man a supreme mark of his blessing. God created the horse. The horse could run faster than the deer, jump higher than the goat, and endure longer than the wolf. Man, being encompassed by elements that sought to destroy him, would have been a slave, had the horse not made him king."