Re: [RC] keeping one's seat - Alice Yovich

Absolutely. Even though I don't like to ride bareback (afore mentioned pointy horse back) I always get long in my leg. I did have one vaulting lesson a couple years ago (took Maggie and it wasn't her thing, but I got on and tried some stuff) and I saw how learning to vault could really give one confidence. They all lengthen their legs, actually pointing their toes down.  When she's trotting along bareback, she wants to draw up her leg, which tips her forward and she almost falls off. I've tried to point this out to her, but sometimes mom's just have to let the kids sort it out for themselves.