Re: [RC] keeping one's seat - Karen Sullivan

My daughter and I were just talking about this......when she put her legs around a green horse and had some "bouncy moments".......riding bareback.  I NEVER grip bareback, always ride with legs dangling, and by balance only.....

I have a theory from riding bareback for years...that you just sort of slump and relax INTO the horse......and that gravity will keep the horse between you and the ground!  If you start trying to grip...you will squeeze yourself right up off the horse...and annoy the horse.
Karen