Re: [RC] teeny tiny LQ - heidi

Another way of looking at the walk-thru door, however, is that by having
the  door, you can use the horse section as a "mud room" if it's raining
- good  place to slip out of muddy boots, wet rain coats, etc. before
coming into the LQ  section.  We like ours for that reason.

That's pretty much what we do.  We get to the ride and clean out the horse
area, and then open the walk-through door and put all of our feed, extra
buckets, tubs, tack, and even the portapotty back there.  In the summer,
we leave the connecting door open, and set up a solar shower in one corner
as well.  Or if it is cold at night, we can close it and turn on the
heater, and just go back there to go potty.

The dog likes it, too--he has a dog bed back there once we are set up, and
his food and water dishes go back there, so they are not underfoot in the
LQ section when we are trying to cook, change clothes, or whatever.  Makes
it like a REALLY spacious LQ that way...  :-)

And it makes a good place to hang up horse blankets, etc. as well.

Heidi

Common sense should also be a part of the decision making process. If you
see someone who doesn't have any, hand them your tool box.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm