[RC] Alice stick to your saddle? - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: KGK kate12091952@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alice were you riding your new wintec 500 dressage saddle with the slick
leather?  did you have the knee blocks in, are your stirrups long enough.  You
told me you have Sally Swifts books.  Look in Centered riding 2 there's a good
drawing of stirrup length.  were you riding in tights. maybe you could get some
full seat ones to give you a little more stick.   when i have to get deep and
stick alot of times i'll drop my stirrups to get my legs further down on the
horse.  your seat in the saddle won't help if your legs aren't down on the
horse and thinking ,  like driving a car your eyes should be everywhere , stay
ahead of your horse, if you know she's not good leading you should be even more
watching ahead on the trail, ears and head of the horse, and feeling the
slightest change under you.  i was just thinking the slick seated new saddle
and something like your riding sweat pants would be hard to stay with even the
slightest shy.  JMHO.  remember keep a leg on each side and mind in the middle.

sleeping in the tack compartment of your trailer w/the
door open, and your horse snorts/snots on your forehead every 30 min!
~ Heidi Sowards