Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.1268 Collywobbles - Chris Paus

LOL... great story!

chris
--- Chipnml@xxxxxxx wrote:
About 25 years ago, when I was still teaching
riding, all my young students'
horses were shying at a big bulletin board by the
entrance to the arena.  I
told them, "don't worry, there's just a big old
dragon sitting behind that
board."  When we got into the arena, I was
embarassed to find one of the student's
mothers sitting on the other side of the board to
watch the lesson.

Chip

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
The very essence of our sport is doing the trail as quickly as practicable,
while keeping one's horse fit to continue.  Taking the clock out of the
equation makes it another sport altogether.  The challenge is how to keep
the sport what it is while honing our skills (both as riders and as those
in control roles) in detecting where "the edge" is for each horse so that
we don't cross it.
~  Heidi Smith