[RC] Fox Catcher - sterp

I have ridden at Fairhill for both their spring and fall rides for several
years now.  The trails were  marked beautifully this year.    It may have
seemed a tad over done to some of us east coasters who are used to finding our
way but remember this was practice for the management team.  If they are going
to have the North American Championship there next year they need to mark the
trail for people not used to our terrain.  I think the entire management team
did a wonderful job and deserve a well done from all of us that participated.
The weather was miserable and parking was tough because of the mud.  When I
went up for my final exam the vet I went to was literally standing in 6" of
mud.  She still smiled and asked if I had a good time.  I looked at her covered
in mud then looked at myself covered in mud, electrolytes and who know what
else and said "Yes, I had a great ride.  Thank you for standing here in the mud
waiting for me."  I agree with Mary the trail was long.  I believe mostly the
first loop.  But, everyone who did the 50 did the same mileage so no complaints
here.  Two of us in our group of three lost shoes on the first loop.  There was
a deep water crossing with big rocks that I think loosened them up then the mud
finished the job.  We were second and third in line for the farrier on a 40
minute hold and both horses were done before our hold time was up!  Even better
the shoes were done well and stayed on for the rest of the ride.  I can't wait
for the fall ride because I am sure it will be even better!

Sandy
Neigh-Per-Say
sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough
~  Theodore Roosevelt