[RC] tethering a puller? - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: pattie holsbeke horseygrandma2000@xxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had a horse that pulled when tied and what you
did when they were tethered at an over night ride? I just got this horse in
Jan. and he will stand ok with a benice halter and a good rope and a solid post
but I am afraid of what he will do on a tether. We camp often and will be going
to overnight rides. By tether I mean a rope between two poles or trees tied
over head with a knot elimanator. We use a strong rope but I am not sure if it
will hold him if he throws back and don't want to find out in the middle of the
night. Any suggestions are appreciated. {He is an Arab and very smart}Thanks
pattie h.

tells you that your horse isn't "fit" for
endurance...doesn't mean it isn't, it just means your horse isn't fit to be
"their" endurance horse! Go for it, you never know what you'll accomplish
with that "saddle horse" or "trail horse" of YOURS!
~ Darlene Anderson - DPD Endurance