Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 3:07 PM
Subject: RE: [RC] The Great Vitamin Debate

> I was talking specifically about the pasture, not hay.  She lives on the
> W side, so her pasture is likely very high in Calcium and devoid in Mag.
>  I agree about the hay.  My hay is really close to balanced (E. side
> hay).

I was going by her post, in which she specifically stated she was feeding
east side hay and beet pulp.  I know she lives on the west side--but she's
doing what a lot of folks over there do--she's bringing her hay in from
the other side of the mountain where, as you say, it is usually "really
close to balanced."  :-)

Heidi

There are 2 ways to win at this sport. You take a horse and race him for a
short time and then find a new horse or you can take one horse , do the
homework and spend many miles and years enjoying that horse.
~  Paddi Sprecher