[RC] pin pricks/punishment/rewards,etc - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Ray O'Donohue rno2m@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 "EGAD"? Egad indeed. Can you think of any person you admire who has gotten
that way without ever experiencing ANY negative reinforcements or learned ANY
painful lessons? Re "Influencing the horse in a way it can understand us is,
IMO,  true horsemanship".Well,they understand punishment just as well or better
than reward. Does anyone think horses only communicate to each other in a
physically friendly way? Chico is the most friendly,and willful,and stubborn
horse God ever created. He sent him to me because there was no other place
Chico could go except into an Alp can. Chico understands what I want and need
him to do perfectly well.I win every argument except the ones that leave me
eating leaves and dirt.But the debate NEVER ends. Quiet moments in the shade of
the trees? All the time. ZERO correlation to under saddle debates.They are not
dogs.

a 100-mile rider or a multi-day rider to be an
endurance rider, but if you want to experience the finest challenges our
sport has to offer, you need to do both of those.
~ Joe Long