[RC] EasyBoots in Sand - k s swigart

Jon said:

I've never tried ez boots in the sand.  Any thoughts: good, bad, tips,
etc.

As long as you keep the sand out of them (and your plan to foam them on
will do this), I have found EasyBoots to work really well in sand, even
to the extent of making the sand a little less "deep" by having a bit of
a snow shoe effect.  Especially if it is "virgin" sand, I found that the
horse kinda float along on the top.

The place where I first noticed this was at the Mt. Carmel XP which, on
some sections of the course, had sand all the way up to the horse's
hocks (don't know that the EasyBoots made any difference there).

But you definitely want to foam them on (or put some kind of filler in).
If you don't then, if it is fine sand and there are any water crossings,
the sand can pack in and put undue pressure on the sole and the only way
to get it out is to take the boot off.

kat
Orange County, Calif.

Arabians were bred for years primarily as a war horse and those
requirements are similar to what we do today with endurance riding.
~  Homer Saferwiffle