Re: [RC] parelli, clinton, natural horse, training, etc. - Jon . Linderman

"so, lest any of us be too judgmental, just remember, nobody is holding a
gun on people and telling them that parelli or downunder training is
mandantory, or you will die. "

Die, no.  Gun, no...........but I must admit that I do get put off,
certainly not by what is accomplished with the horse, but by the whole
"cult philosophy" of the ardents of different big-name natural horsemen
programs, particularly the notion that God has some particular annointing
of one person over another.  On sale now  authentic "JC" saddlepads, bits,
jeans, & hats.  See some of these good ol's simple God-fearing country boys
when it comes time to demands for $ and perks for their seminars, and who
can & can't be at various trade shows..........t'aint purty missy!

I don't think too many people would disagree that patience is the #1
necessity for working with a horse of any kind (probably why I flounder so
badly with my own).   Why then do we buy into the notion, and I do mean
literally BUY into, that the guy who gets it done in 15-20 minutes has the
best method.  Buy the video and you to can do it at home in 15 minutes.
IMHO the average person simply can not reproduce these "miracles" in the
promised time & wind up more frustrated than when they started.  Any wonder
why you can find so many used videos from these folks on
Ebay...........like new & cheap!

Jon

                     Ed Kilpatrick

                     <whytrotfarms@xxxxxxx        To:
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                     om>                          cc:

                     Sent by:                     Subject:  [RC]   parelli,
clinton, natural horse, training, etc.
                     ridecamp-owner@xxxxxx

                     durance.net

                     03/29/2004 02:39 PM

i train lots of horses.  the methods i use are mostly like clinton
anderson's.  a lot of things i did with horses before his clinic made sense
to me, but attending his clinic gave me a better understanding of why it
made sense to the horse.  training horses well takes time, patience, and
consistent work, among other things.  i see lots of horses everywhere i go
that would benefit from some of this training. most people just either dont
have the time or cant take the time to do it.  i have watched pat parelli
and dennis reis on television, and their methods are very good also.  i
just happen to like clinton's personality and style better, thats all.
the methods are very similar, and they all work.  i try to take something
positive from them all, and dont focus on negative stuff that uninformed
people say about them.  when i went to the clinton anderson clinic last
year, there was a young lady there with her horse, and this young lady
wouldnt follow instructions and wouldnt pay attention and spent a lot of
time kissing and patting her horse.   she and her horse didnt benefit very
much from the clinic.  with this type of clinic, or training, what you get
out depends a lot on what you put into it.  if you get into it with a
negative attitude, guess what?  sure, you can find something negative to
say about any horse trainer if you want to, me included.  so, lest any of
us be too judgmental, just remember, nobody is holding a gun on people and
telling them that parelli or downunder training is mandantory, or you will
die.    not everybody who rides horses is good at training them, so i am
glad that i can help those who need it.     ed kilpatrick

One would think that logic would prevail. But then, if logic did prevail,
men would ride sidesaddle.
~  Bob Morris