[RC] parelli, clinton, natural horse, training, etc. - Ed Kilpatrick

i train lots of horses.  the methods i use are mostly like clinton anderson's.  a lot of things i did with horses before his clinic made sense to me, but attending his clinic gave me a better understanding of why it made sense to the horse.  training horses well takes time, patience, and consistent work, among other things.  i see lots of horses everywhere i go that would benefit from some of this training. most people just either dont have the time or cant take the time to do it.  i have watched pat parelli and dennis reis on television, and their methods are very good also.  i just happen to like clinton's personality and style better, thats all.   the methods are very similar, and they all work.  i try to take something positive from them all, and dont focus on negative stuff that uninformed people say about them.  when i went to the clinton anderson clinic last year, there was a young lady there with her horse, and this young lady wouldnt follow instructions and wouldnt pay attention and spent a lot of time kissing and patting her horse.   she and her horse didnt benefit very much from the clinic.  with this type of clinic, or training, what you get out depends a lot on what you put into it.  if you get into it with a negative attitude, guess what?  sure, you can find something negative to say about any horse trainer if you want to, me included.  so, lest any of us be too judgmental, just remember, nobody is holding a gun on people and telling them that parelli or downunder training is mandantory, or you will die.    not everybody who rides horses is good at training them, so i am glad that i can help those who need it.     ed kilpatrick